Most of the questions we receive at The Haven New England are from future clients asking what they should or should not bring with them to our facility. We have compiled this list of what to bring and what not to bring to make the transitioning process easier.
Detoxification from drugs and alcohol can be a very physically strenuous process. Clients go through chemical, emotional and physical changes that can cause discomfort, as well as an overall tiredness. The human body is often fighting a serious battle when going through drug and/or alcohol detoxification. Being comfortable while detoxing is very important.
At The Haven, we try to create an atmosphere that helps heal the mind and body while detoxing. When the decision has been made to check into our facility, the patient should bring any prescription or over the counter drugs that may be needed in the original bottles. This will enable the medical staff to provide all necessary prescriptions you may have during the detox process.
So What Do I Bring To Detox?
What To Bring:
- Insurance cards
- Enough comfortable clothing for 5-7 days (washer/dryer available)
- Reading material (self-help, spiritual, health, 12-step)
- Cigarettes (unopened packs only)
- Disposable vapes (unopened)
What Not To Bring:
- Outside linens/bedding, pillows or stuffed animals (all essentials are provided for your comfort)
- Products containing alcohol
Let’s get you or a loved one help with a few simple steps.